Financial Institute Employees Union (FIEUN) is one of the national level unions in Nepal. It represents finance sector employees in the country. Previously known as “Banking Karmachari Congress”was established in Baishakh, 2047 B.S. by leading democratic employees of banking sector. Later on Chaitra 22nd, 2047 B.S. it was renamed as “FIEUN” to accommodate all finance sector employees. It held its first Convention on 28th – 29th Magh, 2050 B.S. It was registered on 18th Magh, 2052 B.S. at Labor Department. So far, it has concluded its seven national conventions and six national council meetings.
It is affiliated to Nepal Trade Union Congress (NTUC) at national level and to Union Network International (UNI) at international level. It has 46 affiliates with more than 16,550 members altogether throughout the country.
To establish a powerful and professional national level union in finance sector by bringing all banking, insurance and other financial institutions’ employees having democratic socialist ideology under one umbrella.
To bring all organized and unorganized employees from banking, insurance and other financial sectors under union’s umbrella by sticking to trade union norms, values and ideology and establish them socially, politically powerful and financially sound and competent manpower.
- Be committed to nationality, democracy and socialism by developing democratic norms, values and system because employees’/workers’ rights and welfare are safeguarded only in multi-party democracy.
- To organize all employees scattered in different financial sectors.
- To protect and safeguard the professional rights and welfare of employees of all financial institutions established throughout the country.
- To represent the union in policy making and management.
- To develop fraternity with national and international organizations having same goals and principles.
- To conduct and participate in different national and international level trainings, seminars, workshops etc. to develop employees’ professional skills and competence.
- To organize and conduct different necessary and proper programs for the welfare of employees and their family.
Its members are enterprise level unions. Any of those unions seeking to get membership can apply for it. Upon fulfillment of requirements as per its statute, membership shall be awarded to them for which they are required to pay the specified sum of money as entry fee. The process of acquiring membership will be as per the statute of respective enterprise level unions.